View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 02:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
I'm glad we engineered a visit with you, Joan, Rufus and Mark while in Phoenix in FEB - because it sure isn't happening now. I enjoy your blog and videos.

My summer just got involuntarily rearranged. Last night I was stretching my ankle after a walk and my Achilles tendon tore completely - everyone in the room heard it pop! This morning was all about medical visits. My new best friend for the next eight weeks is a special medical boot. It may be longer if surgery is indicated after the MRI next week (and they are willing to do it). I'm getting to know the local orthopods WAY too well. But at least it doesn't hurt very much like a shoulder, knee or hip does. Looks like plenty of guitar practice is in my near future. I can't do any weight bearing exercise or drive.
Wow, Earl, I am so sorry to hear about this. Sending good vibes your way for a fast and full healing. Does your new "boot" come with one of those knee scooters? Our daughter Steph tore some muscles in her lower calf and was in one of those boots and on a scooter for 6 weeks. She got good at maneuvering it around... in spite of the "That looks fun" comments, she couldn't wait to get off that thing.

How does the healing happen with your injury? What is the expected outcome? Take care, my friend, and keep us posted.

Hugs,
Jim & Joan (and Rufus)