View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 08:26 AM

I really like well made analog watches. I would love to be able to afford a Rolex.

I think it is assumed that technical advances are always better. Some are. Most are geared to doing things faster. More productivity. There are too many devices that attempt to do many things but do them poorly.

In a former and younger life, I was a photojournalist. Most of that time was with film/ analog. You had to think.

I look at images today made with digital cameras. Yes, there are some great photos being made. None, however, impress me the way that Ansel Adam's best images do.
Today, it's a high capacity memory card and blast away. A few are bound to be good.

Dorthea Lange is my favorite photographer. One of the great FSA photographers. Even with roll film cameras, there was the notion of the "decisive moment" and the images that were produced show this.

Today, its shoot with a cell phone OR a very high tech watch. Even amature photography has suffered as a result of digital everything.

I am not a Luddite. I just think some things are better left analog. Like watches.