View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 10:58 AM

My main guitar is a Raimundo 146 full-scale classical with a solid western cedar top and solid EIR b/s, which I have come to cherish. It's gorgeous, and sounds fabulous with normal tension titanium trebles and Corum basses, especially since my right-hand technique has improved. This model is near the top of Raimundo's upper-mid level "concierto" series, and is thought to be one of their better values for the dollar, as it is their least expensive all-solid rosewood model.

My wife's guitar is an Almansa 435s. The 's' stands for Senorita. It's a 7/8's size classical with a 635mm scale and a 50mm nut. It is a gorgeous solid cedar/lam rosewood combo out of the upper middle of their line, and was built for hard tension strings according to Almansa, I assume because of the shorter scale. We use Pro Arte's on it. I have a clear pickguard on it now, and sometimes use it for flat picking, as the neck is a little closer to the typical short-scale steel-string. This guitar is incredibly warm and round with volume, clarity and sustain.

Both are a joy to play.

-brian

Last edited by aragorn; 03-25-2010 at 04:28 PM.