View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 05:52 PM

I am mostly an electric/ fingerstyle acoustic player. Of course had to buy a classical guitar, for no other reason than to say I have one. I went through several different classical strings, found I really needed high tension strings as I just could not deal with low tension strings. I got frustrated by the random string breakage, I seldom played the guitar but more often than not when I did go to pull it out I would find a broken string. I actually also realized I did not really care for the sound of a classical guitar on the pieces I was playing. I looked around and bit the bullet on a set of TI Classic S rope core strings KR116. They are FANTASTIC!!! COSTLY! but worth it. I have had the set for about 3-4 years. I never have to tune, they just never seem to drift. The sound is NOT nylon, somewhere in between steel and nylon. That being said it is a much more usable tone for what I play.
Here is a quick little thing I just recorded. Nothing added, totally dry to give you an idea of what they sound like. The guitar is a Juan Hernandez Profesor. And yes I used a thumb pick,shot me.

Last edited by al_az; 09-27-2021 at 06:52 PM.