View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
I always have a bunch of books going at the same time, so I have to stop and remember the names of the authors.

My wife and I have been reading out loud to each other Michael Connelly books, particularly about Bosch and the two new ones where Rene Ballard is the lead character. The language seems a little rough to be reading out loud, (sometimes I change the words a little ) but these books and the character development is always so good. We are currently reading "Dark Sacred Night."

Another book we read out loud to each other just recently was "The Boys in Boat". We loved this book. It's about an 8-man crew team from University of Washington that won the 1936 Olympic gold medal in Berlin. It's a great story of the Great Depression and the strength of these young men to rise out of it. I can't recommend this book highly enough.

These is also an American Experience show based on this book ("The Boys in the Boat") on Amazon and on PBS that people can stream.

I've also been reading "The Turn of the Tide" by Arthur Bryant based on the diaries and journals of Field Marshal Lord Alanbrooke. I am about halfway through this book about World War II in England and it's fascinating.

- Glenn

Love this Connelly books! Just finished Trunk Music.
Good stuff!
Scott