View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 06:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Manganese View Post
The sound to me is muddy. Any 30 years old fishman equipped guitar can sound better than that. Eventually adding a Bodyrez. On the lr baggs website there is the explanation why you are experiencing lack of high frequencies, see the troubleshooting.
Thanks, Joe. I'll check out the HiFi troubleshooting section on LR Baggs's website.

The Tone Wheel is in its Detent position which rolls off some of the treble content in the signal. This is similar to Trance's Tone Wheel which does the same thing but may even have a bit of a treble boost in its circuit when the Tone Wheel is all the way to the treble-end of its range. Both systems pick up that typical steel-string-ring brashness in their content which can be heard when playing the guitars acoustically. The Trance system when wide-open at its treble end greatly demos the steel-string-ring and that's why I want to make some more Trance/Martin HD-28 demos with the Trance's Tone Wheel more toward the bass end where all frequencies fall into place and that steel-string-ring would be lessened as opposed to what you'll hear in the current Trance demos of this rig.

Please be aware that I'm playing the LR Baggs HiFi/Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass JCL Special rig very aggressively and much more so than likely 90% of players would play. The strings are a blur as I'm hitting them back-and-forth with the flatpick. My first demo was an aggressive one so as to bring out any possible weaknesses in the Hifi's tone. I'm kinda liking the system and will post more demos in various levels of aggressiveness, both flatpicking and fingerpicking.
Adamas I 2087GT-8
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2