View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
Both compelling shots but I agree the young boy with grandmother is really endearing. I’ve been to India (a few years back) but it was for work and the thought of photography was far from my mind. I will say of all the places I’ve visited in this world India, for its vibrancy, color and endlessly beautiful, gentle, kindly souls is absolutely magical. A photographer’s dream world. Maybe just a plain and simple anyone’s dream world.

You’re pics perhaps inspire me to go back before it’s too late for me

On the subject of your lens I’ve often thought a less invasive camera like your Sony provides a much better platform for this type of photography. Plus it’s obviously more than capable of moving, inspirational shots. 70mm provide some distance and if the subjects willing 35mm is my all time favorite.

Anyway you should be proud of these pics. They’re very, very good!
You are so right about India being a magical place and photographer's dream. There is something about it, I struggle to name. It got into my head and touched me inside. Everywhere I went I wanted to point my camera. But I didn't want to treat the people as if they were animals in a zoo, so I asked for their permission. I plan to go back next year.

I do agree that the smaller camera is less intimidating than a DSLR. The bigger camera looks so expensive; it screams, "rich westerner" and it creates more distance.

Well Joseph, I hope you will go back to India. And when you do, don't miss Varanasi or Chanderi!
Martin 00L-17
Voyage Air OM04
Breedlove Oregon Concert
1975 Aria 9422