Thread: Kraut OM BRW
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fngrstyl View Post
This is how I feel too. My songs may not be too difficult, and not fancy, but they do come from me, and straight from my heart. You have some fine , fine guitars. Nice tunes too. Haven't chatted with ya for a while, hope all is well?
Hey Chad,

I haven't really posted anything in a while either. Temporary lack of inspiration...

Hope you're keeping busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Kevin, the first thing that went through my mind was that I'm having a custom dread built by Joel Stehr, and when a new guitar delivers there are a lot of requests for sound clips. After hearing this, I want to send the guitar to Mau to record them. I'd be happy to give him full credit!! It's not going to sound nearly as good when I post up clips. Oh well.
The pressure's on you, Mike...

Some say I've got so much reverb that you can't really hear the guitar anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLPederson View Post
Great playing Mau - great feeling. I like the little "runs" like at 2:19/2:20 in there. Those are the things that trip my trigger.

I also LOVE your arrangement/playing on 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMeFVhoxbYQ LISTEN TO THIS!!!!

If I was ever looking for a guy to make so sound clips for me - would you consider it?

Have a great day.

Kevin.
Hey Kevin,

Sure I'd be happy to record some sound clips for you.

I guess the biggest challenge is to get the guitars in my hands but otherwise I'm game. Healdsburg, perhaps? I also think that visually striking guitars like yours would benefit from video clips rather than just audio.

I usually travel with my camera and iPad (the same equipment that I use for my own videos) but if you have a more high end setup it would be even better.

As for my rendition of George Harrison's classic, it's too bad I messed up the recording. The solos are definitely taken from my electric repertoire, which always resurfaces when I attempt to play fast...