View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.loseth View Post
So I have my brother in laws guitar with me right now, he's wanting to learn how to play, he has this old Hummingbird copy called a Mansfield, which im near positive is an Ibanez replated.

Anyway, I knew the bridge was cracked and I thought the nut was so i was gonna put a new bridge on etc. Got it home and took a look, the action is really high but the neck relief is good, almost straight actually, upon a second look i see the that though the bridge isn't pulling off the top, its actually pulling THE top, its bubbled there, very obviously pulling the top, though the top is not cracked.

I'm not a tech though I've replaced a couple bridges before on cheap guitars for friends. This guitar is not one he's gonna wanna spend a lot on, is this a possible fix, and if so how? Or is this a luthier job? Guitar garbage? Id post pictures but I can never figure out how to post a picture on this site, even with the step by step description!

Severe guitar belly bulge could be an indicator of bracing failure. Take the strings off, and stick your hand in the sound hole and get a feel of the bracing. Don’t be surprised if one or more are sagging inside the body or split.

Last edited by Kerbie; 08-03-2020 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Edited quote.