View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naboz View Post
Phil, you say your Timberline sounds like that (without the reverb)? Then you must be really happy.
My Holloway is a Lifer, but that all mahogany Timberline was lacking nothing in range in that video...and has piqued my interest. (The Big Minus is the 1 11/16 nut.)
The nut is actually 44mm (1.73").

I'm very happy, and impressed, with the T30HGc. It might sound more like Scot's recording if I put a Tonewood Amp on it (and he was playing it) but it is a wonderful sounding instrument, on top of being a harp guitar!

The mahogany top lacks nothing in crispness and treble response -- I don't think a spruce lover could be disappointed -- but it also works very well with those deep bass notes. I may try EB Aluminum Bronze strings on it next, it's still a bit treble/mid heavy for my ear, but I love the bass!

My sharping levers will be here this week so now I've got to think seriously about installing them. Won't know until I actually have them whether there will be room for one on the highest bass string...so don't know whether I'm going to fit all 6 or just go for 3 or 4.

Phil

I play Crosby, Emerald, Larrivée, Lowden, Rainsong & Tacoma guitars.
Check out my Guitar Website. See guitar photos & info at my Guitars page.