View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
More experienced forum members will no doubt chime in, but if it were me I would get some portable acoustic panels made and take them wherever I went to record - they will offer the biggest return you will get on your sound right now (speaking from experience here)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith.rogers View Post
I'm another big fan of treatment. I'd say most folks regret not doing it sooner, once they get almost anything good in place, even if it's a couple of gobos made with the right kind of material (i.e., not foam panels).
Based on this and another similar thread that has gotten more feedback, it seems I definitely need to factor acoustic panels/treatment in my hopes to augment or evolve my setup.

Since I don't really have a single room that I can dedicate to recording space, what's an easy, portable solution for recording vocals and guitar (often simultaneously) that folks would recommend?

On a related note, I'd love suggestions in terms of microphone types and placement for basic singer-songwriter type stuff as well. I prefer to sing and play at the same time for the main track and then I'll often add another track or two of harmonies and a few more tracks of acoustic and/or electric guitars. I often record those separately, but I like the organic feel of getting that initial vocal and guitar track recorded together. I currently record that with just the one microphone (Apogee Mic 96k) which I try to put about halfway(ish — depending on how loud the guitar and/or vocals will be) between vocals and guitar about 12-18" out.