View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
I think this depends largely on what features you need. Alix is definitely a step up in a strict sonic sense - it's a studio-grade preamp. But you may like the slight transformer effect of the Venue, too. And whether you will hear a noticeable difference (either good or bad, one way or the other) is open to question. The Venue's also a very good product, which presumably has been working for you. Alix has one fully parametric mid, Venue has 2 semi-parametrics. Venue has a tuner. Alix has power for other effects pedals, and switchable input impedances, and so on. Quite a few complementary features. If it was me, Alix would be my main preamp, and the Venue would be a backup for when I needed a battery-powered preamp. (I have Felix on a board, the Venue's on a shelf where I can grab it if I need a standalone battery-powered preamp) But everyone's needs are different.
I pretty much do the same. I have the felix and its on a board. Which
at times is inconvenient to haul around to impromptu sessions or open mics.
I have a KK pure xlr that runs on 48v PP or 9v battery. It has 3 band eq and gets the job done. But the Felix is soooo much better. You do get what you pay for.