View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 11:47 AM

Finally, after more then a week waiting i have my hollow carbonfiber 6x6mm square tube. This will resist the linear force of the string tension.

I am using the big guns, hehe It is very important to use the proper glue for composit to composit, composit to wood, or composit to metal.

There is another piece of wood on top of the carbonfiber tube. so the fingerboard has something under it. I am also thinking about injecting the rest of the neck with a carbon/wood epoxy pulp.

I want to do a kickstarter to build new molds and enhance the overal production quality as well as buy cheaper materials (almost 40% when you buy 100m instead of 1m) . This crowdfunding campaign will feature a limited series of a maximum of 8 guitars.

I want to have the composit making/baking mold, a cutting mold and a glue mold. Then the parts can hop from one to another, this will save alot of time and improve accuracy since all the tooling is dedicated per job...

My new workspace allows for this all on 1 worksurface, the baking mold will roll on linear bearings into the oven.

Last edited by littlesmith; 03-23-2015 at 12:21 PM.