View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

I am in a similar process of exploring ribbon mic placement having acquired a pair of AEA N 22's early this last fall .

Unfortunately because of also buying and selling property this fall we have been involved in a major moving and settling in situation liquidating and moving everything from our Colorado residence back to Wyoming.
So I have only actually done 3 recordings so far
One was using the N22's to record both voice and guitar at the same time ( positioned opposing horizontal, one up one down utilizing the null points of the figure of 8 pattern the 22 's have) and then two of just acoustic guitar in spaced pair array.

Just last week I got a stereo mounting bar (from Rodes) so will be trying more positions . The only thing will be trying to figure how to utilize the XY and ORTIF alignment options available on the Rodes , with the side address N22's, as opposed to end address SDC's the Rodes is designed for.

Here is a sample of space pair : one between 12th and 14 th fret, and one just behind the bridge both about 8 inches out . This is a totally dry recording

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1

Last edited by KevWind; 01-13-2019 at 09:21 AM.