View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Brown View Post
I bought this guitar one day less than a month ago at Long and McQuade so today was my last day to return it. I am still in love with it but it was going back. Unplugged the tone is phenomenal, at least to my ears. Plugged into an amp the tone is very good. Plugged directly into a mixer board it sucks... all treble and very low volume. I tried it in three different PA’s and it sucked in all of them. I tried a passive DI, still sucked. It is a passive piezo system with no controls at all. I mostly play at bar jams and open mic’s so I need to be able to go into a mixer. I figured it needed an active DI. I was going to return it and buy the lowest price solid wood Taylor on L&M’s 12 month no interest sale. When I got to the store and told them my woes they took me to the rental section so I could try the Yamaha in a PA with and without a DI. Long story short I kept the LL16 and now am the proud owner of an LR Baggs Venue DI. Can’t wait see what it sounds like live tonight.
I'm certain the DI Venue will make you happy. I had a similar problem with my Taylor 814 with the ES2 system. Totally sucked going straight through the house system. Because of the situation I needed something smaller that I could hook on my strap and move with me or on the music stand (not on the floor) I got a Baggs GigPro preamp. It improved things immensely. I'm sure the DI Venue will be even better.

Will be interested to see how you like it. Good luck.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS