View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 11:33 AM

Default Hanging your guitar/leather strap

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward993 View Post
Simple question: why hang it this way when there are innumerable hangers out there (my fave being the Hercules with the auto yoke), that allow the guitar to be easily grabbed, are secure, and don't leave you with a little piece of leather hanging on the guitar when you want to play it? My bias, of course ...just wondering.

Edward

In the bottom picture I posted, (in the original post)the M36 in the back of the cabinet is indeed in a String Swing traditional yolk style hanger. It simply has a leather strap on it, because they change places in the cabinet as I rotate them out to play. I have 2 of these climate controlled cabinets that are holding 5 total guitars - I found I had to do the leather strap thing in order to fit more guitars in the cabinets. If I could find a hanger that mounted to the top of the cab and hanged vertically downward, I would use it - but it has the be really short. I know the leather isn’t elegant but no one but me sees it anyway of course, I could just build 2 more cabinets but I’m too lazy to do it! I know some will say I’m silly, just keep them in the cases, but I don’t play outside my basement and the cases just go into storage. Thank you everyone againIMG_9882.jpg

Last edited by jkilgour2000; 02-24-2019 at 12:15 PM.