View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 12:18 PM
Charter Member

Nice! Glad you're happy with it... I love my L1 Model II, even though it's far "more" than I need for the gigs I've been doing.

The Bose Forum is a terrific resource for all things pertaining to the L1 line; all the moderators actually work for Bose, so you know the answers you get are spot-on. Takes a day for them to get back to you, but the wait is worth the accuracy of the information.

Among the many things I love about my L1 system is that, by positioning the unit off my left shoulder and maybe 6-10' away from me, I can hear myself perfectly... and it helps a lot to know that the folks in the audience are hearing what I'm hearing, and at pretty much the same volume level. If it sounds good to me, on stage, then I KNOW it sounds good "out there"!

I think a lot of "old-school" operators of these systems forget that - and they think they have to jack the volume up higher than it needs to be for everyone to hear, like we had to do with conventional PA systems.

I went to hear some folks Saturday night, great vocals and some good songs... and they were using a slew of QSC K-10's... two for the mains and three for monitors. The K-10's covered the room pretty well - I walked throughout and didn't hear any drop-off, but of course, there were some "hotspots" in the coverage and, the closer you got to the speakers, the louder those suckers were...

With my Bose, the dispersion and coverage is so good that the volume remains fairly constant throughout the 180+ degree dispersion field...

You're gonna have a blast at your upcoming gig!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman