View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 04:00 AM
Charter Member

Hi, I am certainly one of those old fogies that used to struggle with putting needles on records !

Then running the cassette tape back and forth and writing down the words as best I could hear them.

The music I was listening to were mostly blues and bluegrass and the chord progressions were rarely challenging, but the words were the challenge for me.

Things are now different, so if I hear a song that haunts me, I simply google for the lyrics and/or chords (if I can't immediately hear the progression), then cut and paste the info onto a word document.

Test it, and (often) correct it)

Then format it in 14 point and position the chords over the lyrics in the way that I choose to do it.

I'll then practice it at home - amend the key as necessary, sometimes change the lyrics to suit myself, and note the intro, solo points and outro, and print out three copies - one for me and one for the chaps in the trio.

Then we'll work it out, and change /adjust as necessary.

For me, a song must be able to be written and read on only one page

All this may change if Article 13 really goes through as then all the lyrics and chord websites and YouTube will be blocked from me and everyone else in the EU.

Indeed many of my YouTube Videos (and I have over 200) may be taken down.

I confess that I rarely sit and practice nowadays - but I get together every Wednesday with "the boys".

This year - I am hoping that I might start another musical adventure with another band or revise me duo. We'll see.

Last edited by Silly Moustache; 01-04-2019 at 04:30 PM.