View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 10:40 AM

Default Stagebug Sb1 active box or...

Hello everyone, this is my problem: I play and electro acoustic guitar, Gretsch. I play with a band in my church (keyboard, bass, drums and acoustic guitar). Not a large place (Don't know if that even matters). I have been using an active DI box I bought about 7 years ago but it is currently giving me problems. When I connect it and turn the volume up on my guitar and the sound guy turns the volume up from the soundboard. it makes a horrible noise and it only stops when I touch the end of the cable where the input hole is. So I am thinking it is the box that is making false contact or something. I tried another cable, and the same thing happens. I am hoping is not the guitar. The way the guitar is connected is guitar to DI box and box to audio snake. good? So I am considering buying another DI box.

I am not sure though if the Stagebug SB1 from Radial brand is only for personal use like with small amp and my guitar kind of thing. Would the PRO48 be better same brand? Which one would you recommend?