View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 08:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonics View Post
Paul explains it. PRS was VERY close to going under, however Paul Jackson Jr, who had the American Idol gig, saved the company. This exposure and promotion in front of MILLIONS of TV viewers every week rekindled interest in PRS guitars, and they are now technically the third guitar company after Gibson and Fender.
Great interview. Thanks for posting it.

I found the whole internet uproar over the Silver Sky to be a pretty interesting treatise on the human condition and the convoluted notions and mythology that people subscribe to.
I remember one statement by a self anointed electric guitar pundit that the Silver Sky would be dead in the water in 6 months, and die a quick death once they hit the dealers !!! . People are so funny
A year in now and the local independent dealer in Ft Collins still cannot keep a Silver Sky in stock long enough to even "hang it on the wall " He gets them in, in ones and two's and then calls up the top few people on the waiting list, and they are out the door in hours , such that I still have not been able to get my hands on one to try .

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 01-27-2019 at 08:56 AM.