View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 09:16 AM
Charter Member

As always, the best advice is to get out to the store and play some guitars.

I've been flirting with the idea of an electric for a while and I would just go to GC and play a few and it would hold me over for a while. Then I started getting more serious. Last time I went I played Epi 335 and LP, and Fender and Squire Tele and Strat. The Squire Tele was the heaviest of all by a lot. I liked the Epi 335's the best, and I was surprised that I like the gold finish a lot.

Last week I got an Epi 335 in traditional burst and I'm really liking my choice. It's very well made, with no flaws that I can see. It came very well set up; I just filed the nut slots slightly, lowered the base side string height 1/64, and set the intonation. I also picked up a Fender Champion 20, as a place holder, and I'm finding my way into, what is to me, some good tones.

Right now GC is giving you until the end of January to evaluate and 15% off on non sale items. If you really don't know what you want you can get something and try it for a while the try something else. I don't think you can beat that.

When I was trying amps, I used a 335, a LP, and a SG. Now I want an SG to go with my 335!

Last edited by lowrider; 11-15-2022 at 12:51 PM.