Thread: Which Mac?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1j View Post
Seems the back of my 2015 MacBook Pro is bulging...
Apple has a recall for some 2015 machines. See if you qualify.

https://support.apple.com/15-inch-ma...battery-recall

Even if your machine does not qualify, if you still find it to be fast enough to do what you need to do, I would just get the battery replaced and continue to use it while you window shop. When you eventually upgrade, the old machine will still be good for something.

If you don't want to pay to replace the battery, just remember that using a swollen battery is a risk. It can cause an exciting fire if you are unlucky.

Quote:
I don’t want to hijack the OP’s thread, but in case my question may have some relevance, I’m curious if the latest iPad Pro is suitable for quality recording purposes.
The iPad Pros are amazing hardware. There's probably a way to do what you want to do. But I find working on any kind of real productivity tasks in iOS to be absolutely hateful. Every time I have tried to do "real work" involving manipulating files on my iPad Pro, I have said, "the heck with this, I will just wait until I am back at a computer." The heavy-handed sandboxing which makes iOS safe and stable also makes it a huge PITA to do simple tasks like you can on a desktop/laptop.

YMMV.