View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
I can't wait! It'll be a pleasure to see everyone again and participate in this celebration. Looking so forward to meeting up with good friends and colleagues again. This will be the biggest B.I.G yet!
I've gotten a good head start this year, and already have two show guitars in the finishing rotation. Another one is very close to fully built; and a fourth one with the soundbox about half done. I'm planning on having them all done and strung up well before the show, so they'll be awake and singing. I love working with this kind of inspiration!
Wow Steve, way to go. This has to beat 18 hour days trying to finish everything up in the last week!!!! You will be laying low all set to go, no stress, you won't know what to do with yourself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soma5 View Post
I'm really looking forward to this next B.I.G. The last one was fabulous and now that I know some of the people who will be attending, I can look forward to getting together again! What a treat!
It will be great to see you again as well and find out how you are getting along with that last minute Sunday steal you got last year!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volman View Post
I've always thoroughly enjoy seeing all the pictures and videos from BIG. Looking forward to seeing who you will have performing.
Well you are not that far away, why don't you come and get into some of those pictures and videos yourself!!!!

Here is a tease for one of the performers, maybe someone will figure it out!

XXXXXXX is a frequent performer at concerts and festivals in Asia, the Americas, Europe and Africa and has been featured in guitar magazines all over the world. Every year, he teaches workshops and master classes all over the place and his album “XXXXXX XXXXX” was voted an 'essential album' by Acoustic Guitar Magazine in 2007.

His peculiar guitar style owes as much to percussive techniques as traditional Fingerstyle guitar. What sets XXXX apart from some of his contemporaries is his ability to make pyrotechnics serve the music. His time studying West African traditional music gives him a sense of timing and groove that is unusual in a guitarist.

“Lovely playing, lovely sound” - David Gilmour
“10/10 Gomms” - Jon Gomm
“probably shouldn’t be legal” - Guthrie Govan