View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Hi Fred!

Well, that was cool! Very nice!

The character of your recorded sound reminds me of my own experience jamming with a guitar partner way back about 50 years ago when I was just out of college in a brand new job down in Dallas, TX. I had a Teac stereo reel-to-reel tape machine and a couple of Shure stage mics, SM58, I think. By today's standards it wasn't much, but it seemed like heaven at the time.

I remember knowing then how rare it was to find someone who I could really enjoy playing guitar with, but when I look back on it from where I am today, I could have never realized that it was one of the few times in my life when this would happen.

Thanks for sharing this Fred. It brings back memories for me...

- Glenn
Thank so much, Glenn!! Glad this could bring back some of the memories! Yes, finding that compatible person where you feel as though something good could really emerge in some more serious fashion is elusive and special. When I first started with Mo, it was kind of a "blind date" thing.......you just really didn't know how it would work.....and we'd been talking for years about doing some playing together, but each of us didn't really have a sense of the other and so it didn't happen for quite some time.
Of course I did play in a folk group for 4 years in college......also deeply special, especially when we started to write and arrange our own songs. Only a few times in life for this kind of creative connection....for sure!
Thanks again, Glenn!
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium