View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 02:25 AM

Default Just...... WOW!!!!!!!

Firstly, a favour. If someone could attach theYouTube clip I am about to talk about to this thread, it would be appreciated as I have no idea how to do this.

I have mentioned previously that I have started electric guitar lessons and, after a few weeks seem to be doing ok ( I think). The other Saturday I visited a local pub here in the UK to support some live music and listened to........

"Mr Spanky and the Hipthrusters"

Umm, ok...... They were good and had the place rocking till they came to the last song before the break, Tom Petty's Running down a Dream. All was well till the lead guitarists solo..............

WHAAAT?????!!!!! Fantastic ! and all from someone who looks like yer favourite uncle. The only demoralising thing is, I think I'm hanging up my guitar, I know I haven't enough years left to get anywhere near this standard.

Luckily, someone had their camera phone and has put it on Facebook. It has had some 325,000 views so far. As I said if someone could load it here , that would be good. If not,go looking for it, it's worth the hunt.

The crowd went wild.....