View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
Awe, if you truly are making this your most simplistic project because it is your first it is my opinion that it's fine to keep the wood in its natural state. It doesn't need glitz or depth in color. The oils in the players hands will contribute to the wear and tear. It will give you something to build on as an upgrade later.

I kind of like the basic rustic method of this build.
This is my firs at doing things at a basic level like this, just hoping it will be inspiration for others that want to build but see us with all these tools at our disposal and think they can not do it. Better yet if they look at it ans say, 'I can do better than that'. I already put on the finish I was planning but I had a little drip/sag in the finish in the right upper bout. I scraped it down with a razor blade but I buffed it out and was not careful enough while I did it. I over heated the finish and it yellowed a little. I sanded it off and am giving that area a few more coats.

One of the things I want is a buffing wheel, thought I could fake it by using a palm sander with an old t-shirt. It actually did not do too bad, the picture doesn't show it that well. The maple fretboard looks great.

Last edited by printer2; 01-28-2018 at 05:41 PM.