View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 06:34 AM

The short answer is no.

The longer answer is with the right audio interface and software, you can capture IRs from a ToneDexter pedal. Doug Young does this routinely. I thought it was too much work and wrote an IR generator instead :~).

The longest answer is ToneDexter is not storing just a time domain 2048 16 bit sample IR, but likely the entire frequency domain version in floating point (take a look their files are quite a bit larger than the typical 2-4KB IR). Given their pedal has all the arithmetic HW built in (unlike a Baggs Voiceprint), they can do some pretty interesting stuff with their character knob (it is not just an IR/bypass blend like most IR pedals or Aura). So even if you were able to decrypt it, it would be data very specific to the details of their IR generation algebra and of no use to us anyway.

IMO of all the products on the market ToneDexter has the right architecture to continue to be the best solution among its peers.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields