Thread: Folding guitar
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 09:15 AM

Default Folding guitar

The guy I bought it from was selling it because he had upgraded to their high end $2k model. While I was there I tried that one out and it was easily as good as my Martin D15M. He had a Fishman Blend in that one and it sounded great both acoustically and amplified.

Once as year he travels to Europe and plays a series of clubs there. That’s what sparked his interest in the folding guitar. He says that he just breaks even but that it is a lot of fun. I need to figure out how to pull that off! Lol!

The VAOM-04BK that I got has a great action and perfect intonation. It is not as rich in the low end as my Martin but it certainly sounds as good as most guitars in the same price range.

It came with a Fishman Rare Earth magnetic pickup but I am going to sell it and replace it with my favorite pickup, a Schertler AG-6/S-Mic. The Fishman Rare Earth pickup sounds surprisingly good actually, but I really like having a mic blended in.

The case it comes in has room for my iPad Pro which I also like to carry on when I fly. I have tried several other travel guitars. I didn’t like the Martin Backpacker. I do like my Yamaha Silent guitar, but I always feel like I am pushing the size boundaries when I carry it on a plane. This guitar is also Uber-able which is kind of cool. I drive a Mini-Cooper Clubman and this fits in the trunk area without folding down one of the back seats.

I was surprised at how much I like it. When it is unfolded, it really looks and plays like a decent acoustic guitar.