View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 01:48 AM

Chiming in here. Sounds like most of the info has been covered regarding harp string longevity. When I was in China I noticed just about every acoustic guitar string would corrode in 2 months or less because of the high humidity. They went as far as plastic wrapping the strings on their floor models in the stores to keep them from turning green. If you live in a high humidity area you will have to change them more often. The reason they last longer than the strings on the neck is simple, you don't fret them with your left hand, so less oil gets on them from your fingers. Eventually they will darken because of the moisture in the air, how long depends on where you live, and if you are one who perspires a lot.

FWIW, I thought I'd also plug this video in case anyone missed it, Tonedevil will be releasing our imported, factory produced solid spruce top harp guitar this year, hopefully to retail around $1500 including our rigid gig bag and house pickup system. It'll be available at Guitar Center, musicians friend and just about every major online retailer.

Last edited by TonedevilGuitar; 03-03-2019 at 01:53 AM. Reason: video not working, i didn't read instructions, DOH!