View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 09:33 AM

Default Music live-stream concert, just did my first one, need help improving the signal

For the grandkids and their friends, I live-streamed a 20 minute concert of Raffi songs using Zoom. About 6 different houses logged in, and it was such a blast seeing the kids and having fun with music!

The mic used was a Blue Snowball ice which I got at Target the night before—-the last one on the shelf because there has been a run on such equipment. That mic worked a lot better than the laptop’s mic, and had a usb plug which made interface simple, but still the result wasn’t that great. The laptop camera was OK.

Comment on the sound was that it was weak, and somewhat subject to fade-in and out. Now I want to get a much more powerful and clear signal going out on live-stream. Looking for suggestions. I have mics that I use for singing, both condenser and dynamic, but couldn’t figure out how to interface these into the laptop in a hurry, hence my trip to Target.

Open to all ideas. Willing to buy equipment with modest budget. All my other gigs have canceled and I want to go live. Thanks for your help.