View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 09:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Like this..... Quote my post to see what I did. You have to select "Share" under the tune and then copy the full link and then paste it here and wrap it in the soundcloud tags. You were close, but somehow something got messed up. The "share" info I got from your tune is different than the one you posted. Look at after the "si="

If you make the tune downloadable I can clean up that vacuum cleaner background you have going on there.
Thanks Barry!
Yeah, I see that. The info after "si=" is much different.
How the heck did you figure that part out? Or did you copy a link from my Soundcloud page?
Yes, I'd love for you to clean it up if you can. If you notice, it does clean itself up some starting at the :48 second mark, all the way till the end. I don't know what happened at the beginning. I probably messed up doing the analog to digital conversion and never checked it closely.
Do I need to make it downloadable from the Soundcloud site for you to get the MP3?
Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that it's not only possible to go in directly into the mixer with those types of guitars, but it might even be desirable. In the original recording (into a Tascam Porta 2 4 track cassette recorder) I recorded each part of the duet twice, which kinda thickened the sound in a good way (as opposed to just copying and pasting the identical track), and added some reverb in the final mix.
It was a good take. It's too bad the modern digitized version of the audio is so poor, which kinda spoils the music, but I only wanted to make the point that direct in is definitely a good option when recording with these type guitars. With modern equipment, it would have sounded really clean I bet. I do have new equipment and software now, so I'll see how it goes with this new guitar.

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann