View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone0305 View Post
Wow! Thank you so much for all this info! That is really helpful. So as far as tone & thinness of the neck Drew is the ”closest” and the action and could get close with a good set up? Or is it a case of close but no cigar? I really don’t have anyone I’d trust with at least a 2 hour drive to touch ANY of my guitars for a set up. Well Danny Ferrington moved back to town but I’d shutter to get a price from him assuming he’d even do it! Ha! Again thank you and one day dang it I’ll too have all three! [emoji23]��
I think the tone is *very* close and the setup *could* get you there on playability. Johnny Boy and I have been trading notes, and that's the conclusion I've reached based on our discussion.

Just note that each guitar is always going to be a tad different, but I think Drew builds in the Olson tone spectrum and hasn't done as much as Brian Applegate to differentiate the tone of his SJs. (His non SJ/OM Hybrids I am guessing are nothing like Jim's designs and are probably more inspired by Bourgeois) Anything different has been done because Drew has a different build process, so there are some slight modifications as expected, but none that are about changing the tone AFAIK.