View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 12:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
His touch and the reverb makes for a powerful combination. If I can get some of that into my compositions I'll be happy.
I find that to be the most useful part of doing an exercise like this. You start by trying to figure out the recorded sound, and end focusing on phrasing, expression, etc. That almost always ends up making a bigger difference than the recording aspect.

Quote:

I don't know how to use the Bricasti M7 wav impulses into my DAWs (Rx 7, Adobe Audition and Audacity) though. .
You just need an IR-based reverb plugin. SIR is a free one. I think Rick-slo was using this for a while. I use Sound Designer, which is included in Logic when I do it. I haven't used SIR in ages, but I think it's about the same - load the IR, like selecting a preset. Worth exploring, since you can get access to a lot of great sounds, including IRs of expensive gear like the Bricasti or the TC6000 for cheap or free. But algorithmic reverbs are fine as well. I don't think there's anything especially magic about Stephen's reverb, it sounds nice and he's using a lot of it, but you can come close to that sound with any decent reverb.