View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 07:09 PM

question: in pic 1 i took the supplied binding and wrapped a single piece around where it would go on the bouzouki. if you look on right side you see where it would end. same goes for left side. i balanced the sides out and that is as far the length of the sides it will go on each side. i have another strip i can cut up to i guess make a joint and fill in the rest. my question is what is the best point to do this? should i just cut the 2 strips and make them fill half side each and meet at the bottom bout? should i start 1 strip at the neck and wrap it as far as it will go and then joint there the next piece? what covers up people from seeing a joint? the varnish, shellac, urethane, etc?

also in this pick as you can see the fretboard covers the soundhole. i want to upside down U cut it to match the sound hole. i believe the wood is ebony. it seems like a hard wood compared to the rest of the body. what can i use to competently cut it so i don't have to cover the soundhole? i have hack saw, back saw, coping saw, the router, compound saw, and circular saw right now. should i use a dremel or something?

pic 1

Last edited by Twilo123; 03-15-2015 at 07:15 PM.