View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
There is always more to a story than one side. With all the changes and management issues, I can understand the employees side of it. Maybe undue pressure has been coming down from the top for a while. Who knows? Maybe the workforce is not up to snuff. Who knows?

It's sad to hear this stuff but maybe it would be better for everyone if Gibson got out of Memphis anyway.
Sorry if I gave the impression that I blamed the employees. I don't at all - I felt bad for them. That was undoubtedly a management issue. I also think the tours weren't looked upon kindly by the employees as it was just another way for Henry to squeeze a buck out of the place. Anyway, the place closed last December, putting 65 people out of work for the holidays, though "several" were offered a chance to take jobs in Nashville.

One other quick story: The Westin across the street had this cool program where you could borrow one of a few guitars that was in the lobby and have it sent up to your room with a small amp. I asked for one just for the novelty got a white LP Custom, but no amp "none are working". Also I don't think the strings had been changed since it was made. Why even put your product there if it's going to look and sound like crap?

On the place side, the Stax Museum was phenomenal.