Thread: Re: Waiting
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 09:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Six hours could be a push. Perhaps its my age, but my preferred travel is three hours on the road, lunch, a nap, and then wander the local scene.

Have you been through Williams, by the way? Kramster put those darned pictures on the forum and has me contemplating a trip--that would be about 4 1/2 hours from here.
I'm all about pushing it. We plan to take the next day off the road - see how I'm doing and have a little celebration. I'm just happy to be going somewhere.

Our traveling style in the motorhome is: 300 miles and get off the road. Kick back. If we were to do 3 hours of travel each day, it would take us almost a week to get out of Texas! We're double towing with the motorhome, so we keep it to 65mph or less.

Destination: north to the Black Hills; hoping for some cooler weather and great curvy roads for the scoots.

Yes, we have been to Williams. It may be touristy, but the train ride to the Grand Canyon is a must... seriously, I think it is a state law that you have to do the train if you go to Williams.