View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I tried the TI Plectrums on my X7 and the 11s were a little too floppy and quiet. And the 59 IS a monster - in fact mine popped on me trying to get it up to tension so I never really got to play them. But just seeing how big that thing was and visualizing all manner of problems with capos, I tried a set of Newtone Heritage which are very similar feeling and sounding to the Plectrums, but notably less $$$ and the 12 set has a low E of 51. Feels well balanced and loud enough, but not as loud as the Retros or GHS Vintage Bronze. So TI Plectrums are off my list and when I want to play that type of string Newtone Heritage are on it.

My earlier advice sort of stands, but reading "I have an X20 and an X7, I don't remember the last time I played the X20. I play the X7 almost daily." really resonated with me because that's what led me to my decision. So if you had that experience but still had an OF660 for a travel guitar, that OF660 isn't gonna change how you feel about the X7 vs the X20. So there definitely COULD BE a case for going with an X7 along with the OF660. For me, I THINK I'd go with something larger if I was keeping an OF660, but if I were to add a travel guitar now, I still wouldn't trade in my X7 for anything else. So take my earlier advice with a grain of salt, if at all!

-Ray

More advice and more salt Ray- good dialogue here!