View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 10:04 AM

Wood has a few thousand years on CF. People view their wooden instruments as “active” they talk about the sound improving over time, opening up etc… (there are even pieces of equipment and processes that allege to “open” the instrument up Where as the CF is vied as in-active, passive or as static if you will, that its sound is not going to change through time and that the sound it makes is due simply to physics, nothing in the actual material that makes it up is attributed to effecting its sound. (As far as I know?)

Personally while I currently don’t own one I could see them as being great to have to take on a camping trip, to leave at your mountain cabin etc….

They may have one advantage and that being, they are not as vulnerable to climate conditions as wooden instruments. I can easily think of several places that I sure wouldn’t want my wooden instruments being exposed to the elements, while the CF instruments would not be effected as easily if at all, particularly in different climates, i.e. cold, rain, humidity, heat, quick changing environments, etc…

Last edited by BKENNA; 12-10-2013 at 01:04 PM.