View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Anticipation Junkie

If you've followed the growth of CF guitars over the years in terms of number of now established and new producers and the range of their offerings, in a way, they are taking off, especially over the past 5 yrs.

Making a dent in a very traditional marketplace is never easy. It's a slow process, with CF design technologies and innovations constantly improving. Wood traditionalists are being exposed to CF more and more and hearing about the benefits to at least consider having one or more in a stable along with woodies. I think the growth will continue. Distribution is growing with the internet model playing a big role especially due to the uniformity/consistency of products.

CF may never lead the market, but I think from now on they will always have a solid, growing foothold. The AGF and MacNichol forums have a large, growing reach and have emerged to pay unique attention to CF, and it's known that the owners of both forums are avid supporters and owners.