View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 08:39 PM

You all like pics, right? Here are some close-ups of the brace/rim intersection points:

A: this shot shows how the neck block extension comes up to the upper transverse brace. I've marked the centerline on both the soundboard and the neck block.

B: Here's an overhead of the tail block. Note the centerline on the block and soundboard.

C: Close up of the intersection point of the upper arm of the X brace and upper transverse brace on the treble side of the body:

D: Close up of the UTB and upper X brace arm on the bass side of the body. Having those walnut side braces intersect at that point was pure coincidence. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

E: Close up of the lower X brace arm on the treble side of the body:

F: Close up of the lower X brace arm on the bass side of the body. Again, the intersection of the side braces with the X brace was a complete coincidence:

Things may still be off a hair so I'll look again once I have the brace ends whittled down a little more.