View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylor4 View Post
Just my opinion (my .02, YMMV & all that) - I would hold off. A good tube amp or tube/ss hybrid would be my personal recommendation for a starting rig.

The modeling stuff offers nearly infinite tweakability. You can spend a lot of time dialing in sounds instead of just playing - in other words, it can be a distraction for some and I definitely prefer something closer to plug 'n play. A good 2 channel amp with reverb will take you a LONG way. I need effects because we gig out and play everything from Adele to AC/DC and I need to be able to dial in a variety of tones and textures.

If you want something of a "starter" effects pedal, the cheaper zoom stuff has proven reliable for me and use batteries rather the the floor cluttering "wall warts" that most units require. Just something to consider.

The Pod Go is extremely well made though and I would it expect it to last a long time.
I appreciate your thoughts. I guess I was thinking modeller right from the get go because I would like to have complete versatility moving forward to get the tones I want/need for a particular song etc...Despite not necessarily needing that capability right up front.

Nothing’s for sure yet. I appreciate what you are saying.

Any thoughts on Boss Katana or similar? From what I gather you can get some pretty decent tones out of them with relative simplicity, and without having to do heavy tweaking (unless you want to).
2019 PRS Silver Sky