View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
Been considering either a Line 6 Helix LT or a Boss GT-1000, but I’m wondering if it’s overkill for my first foray into electric guitars.

Looking at the video though, these type of units seem incredibly versatile.
Just my opinion (my .02, YMMV & all that) - I would hold off. A good tube amp or tube/ss hybrid would be my personal recommendation for a starting rig.

The modeling stuff offers nearly infinite tweakability. You can spend a lot of time dialing in sounds instead of just playing - in other words, it can be a distraction for some and I definitely prefer something closer to plug 'n play. A good 2 channel amp with reverb will take you a LONG way. I need effects because we gig out and play everything from Adele to AC/DC and I need to be able to dial in a variety of tones and textures.

If you want something of a "starter" effects pedal, the cheaper zoom stuff has proven reliable for me and use batteries rather the the floor cluttering "wall warts" that most units require. Just something to consider.

The Pod Go is extremely well made though and I would it expect it to last a long time.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19