View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 10:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
Manufactured goods with a wholesale/retail price structure can mess with the price some depending on market demand, but most luthiers I know are priced so that they can just scrape by, plus a modest profit margin as they become more established. There's not much room for marketing ploys.

Besides that, many of us are having a banner year. Not many of our customers are struggling, and spending a lot more time at home can cause one's musical instruments to become a more important part of one's life. And life is short.
Very wise and very true perspective Bruce.

As for the 20% discount, in this case, I think this is Timbertones' way of peaking outside interest. Janne is indeed from Findland and builds beautiful microphones and guitars. I bought a microphone from him a couple of years ago, and they are the real deal. Hand-made, and super sonic clear. He makes them one at a time and same with his guitars. I have not tried his guitars, but I wouldn't be surprised if they sounded great. He must have a slight inventory relative to his output.

I haven't gone after any Covid discounts, but I might want to look into another microphone.