View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 06:04 PM

Cool ¡ If You've The Jack Go for it !

In perfect world - yeah they are worth it - you betcha . Depends on your goal too .

You can get a hit recording with a lap top , and a relatively inexpensive 48VDC phantom powered condenser mic(s) ,
DAW and single/dual channel analog interface track at a time . The Focusrite or cheaper yet the Berhringer are really
inexpensive interfaces ( $99.00 ) and will do justice to any mic period .

People all over the internet savvy world are doing this daily as you read this .

Less has proven the best in this scenario for a few years now , the studios are dying off one by one to the home
recording musicians . The studio environment will never really die off , only the strong though will
survive as musician's use the empowerment described above . All you need is the material , gear & talent .

Many who are really famous in EDM , guys like DubFX and others have proven low tech works .

Acoustic players world wide are doing it too with ukulele , violin , & guitars ectcetera and live with these interfaces ,
mics & laptops and selling their product using SM57's & 58's and cheaper . One that comes to mind is this monster :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gphiFVVtUI

I'd love a Neumann but - one of those would bust my budget a long while .

I've researched it a lot , listened to friend's recording set ups , maybe
one day I'll be able to nail one down but till then I'm really happy with my
[Gold Sputtered ] 48VDC phantom powered large diaphragm that wasn't a
budget buster and sounds really decent along with a industry standard dynamic on my :
  • Dreads
  • 000 nylon classical acoustic
  • 000 resonator
  • Ukulele - soprano & tenor
  • Chromatic & diatonic harmonics
  • Vocal

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

Last edited by Kerbie; 07-22-2017 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Removed masked profanity