View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 12:26 AM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=CarolD;6613292]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darylcrisp View Post
totally acoustic(guitar, mandolin, open back banjo, weissenborn) until this past year, 60 yrs old, and it definitely puts you into being an outright beginner again, a whole different animal, but its so much fun!

may i suggest one pedal, this is all you need, Cornerstone Gladio(made in italy by a husband wife team, he designs, she builds'm). if you have the coin, grab a Fender Deluxe Reverb Tonemaster amp. You are done. You have enough now.

go play.............

d

Daryl,

Thanks so much for the recommendations! I think pedals and such are kind of far away for me at the moment. I am keeping it simple and light. Bought the Yamaha THR30II amp. I like the desktop amp idea and it sounded best to me. I’m never going to gig, and having the retired hubster at home makes me think the desktop idea is the best solution for my needs. I’ll eventually get the Line 6 transmitter and I’ll be totally cable-less. Yay!
i purchased the THR20II and these are wonderful amps, they play plenty loud if you want but so accessible and easy to use-you can use a pedal on these also-just in case you want to give it a whirl.
I picked up the Fender Deluxe Reverb Tonemaster later, and its a whole other world-sometime check this out, it has a built in 5 position "attenuator" so you can play at bedroom level and get the full sound/feel of a tube amp being driven and open. 25 lbs carry weight, and has beautiful clean tones and anything else you desire.

so............what kind of guitar did you end up with...........

d