View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 04:56 PM
Charter Member

I think that a lot of the higher end guitars are ordered and bought for the thrill of being involved in the process. But that fades quickly after its recd, and soon you realize that although you appreciate each, you cannot afford to keep them all. So if one doesn't live up to the expectations, rather than being able to judge and accept it for the wonderful thing it is, you might sell it and try again. I've enjoyed multiple higher end small shop guitars over the years, and am now in a place where I don't need to sell them - but, that does not lessen the desire to spend time with something different, so you keep looking. My issue is that they take alot of room to store, and while the line "it deserves to be played more" is real, its safe to say that eventually, all these will get played and appreciated a lot more. Maybe not fully in my lifetime, but that's OK by me.

The AGF classifieds is a fantastic opportunity to try out some incredible guitars by luthiers you may never get to visit in person, but if the guitar specs suit you, you can get some really incredible deals. If you try to do it as a business, I don't know if its worth the hassle, but if you just want to spend some serious time with a guitar that isn't hanging on the wall at Guitar Center, this is the place to look -