View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 07:46 AM

Default Totally agree about don’t play through the pain

When it hurts, stop and rest. I took classical lessons and I attribute a lower back and hip problem to using the stool, and from practicing too long and hard. Relaxed playing is the goal in classical anyway. You might want to back off Asturias for awhile. Trying to play a difficult piece you love can be counterproductive. Look for something that gives you the feel of triplets that is less difficult, eg. a blues piece. The work you’ve already done on it will wait for you until you’re ready. I’d also advise getting a guitar support. The Gitanos are cheap if you don’t mind the suction cups and the fact they fall off sometimes. I’m having the Sagework magnets installed on my classicals, and I hope they work. If you don’t know it already, classical playing is good preparation for fingerstyle, and while fingerstyle has it’s own challenges it will positively inform your classical playing. Take a look at Dan Holloway’s website for some good fingerstyle instruction. I’m relatively new here myself, but welcome and take care of yourself.