View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Pattis View Post
If you join CD-Baby you will be able to sell your physical CDs there, and they also put your music up on *most* digital download and streaming services....all completely controlled at your discretion. The main thing for me there is having my music up on iTunes.

They take a cut, of course, but it's well worth it to me. Modest amounts of money come in every month from the digital world, and some months are nicer than others...

I also make a bunch of money every quarter with digital royalty payments, and the majority of this is via Pandora, which I have a separate relationship. I don't know what the current parameters are for getting "up" on Pandora, but it's worth looking into.

All of that said, I do tour and have an active website promoting my music...and I'm sure that this helps.
Larry,

Thanks for the posting. I need to try CD Baby. They were my next stop. And, I'm going to focus on the acoustic playing and less eclectic style stuff. My electric guitar stuff was very complex. The recordings and mixes were good but too much for the average listener. Other musicians liked it but Facebook friends from my hometown, e.g. not so much. And, I think I should do what I enjoy and that's learning new arrangements or doing originals and recording them. Build a portfolio of work and make a little money when I can. I do want to get fans in other countries. I know a ton of people from around the world because of what I really do for a living. I am a software architect and I've worked with people from different countries. I currently manage development that's done in India.

Thanks again for the CD Baby recommendation. I'm registered with them, I just haven't done anything there ... YET.

David

Email signup for News: https://www.facebook.com/DavidLWhite...00265896690345

Taylor 818e Grand Orchestra Rosewood Back and Sides
Taylor 214ce-n Grand Auditorium Nylon
Guild DV-52 Dreadnought Steel String
Yamaha CG172SF Flamenco/Classical Nylon
Stratocaster Copy
Squier P-Bass