View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
The SE is based on the iPhone 5 size and I think the iPhone 5 was the last iPhone design that had direct Steve Jobs influence. He was totally against big phones, he believed that the iPhone 5 size was as big as a phone should be.
Thanks for pointing that out. Steve Jobs understood fundamental product utility better than just about everyone else on earth. I have been an Apple product user for 35 years and a Mac advocate for 25. But, judging by their recent product performance, the company has lost its way since Steve died. On one hand, I think my recently purchased SE is brilliant. I love it's recent description as the "cockroach" of cell phones, something that has evolved into utilitarian perfection in spite of itself. On the other hand, I seem to spend half my life running back to the Apple store to solve a variety of inter-platform compatibility issues. One of the company's flagship products, iTunes, for example, has devolved into something so bewilderingly dysfunctional that it seems to have been produced by Microsoft.