View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 06:12 AM

Default Input jack fix on a Epiphone Dot...

Hi everyone. I acquired an Epiphone Dot hollow body in a trade with a friend last night. It's in decent shape, but needed a few things here and there. I adjusted the neck slightly to give it more relief, intonated it, and adjusted the action slightly.

But the one thing I'm not sure how to tackle is this...

The input jack has the nut put on crooked. So it's kind of forced on at an angle, crossed threads, if you know what I mean. So it's not gonna fall out, but it's definitely not tight and flush with the body. I'm having a tough time figuring out how to get this nut off, so I can put it back on correctly. Because it's jammed on there, so turning the nut obviously turns the jack right along with it.

I'd need something that would go into the jack and expand evenly on all tights to secure it, then turn the nut to loosen it. I'm just not sure what to do, and don't want to risk damaging the top or the finish. There's already a small hairline crack in the finish probably from the uneven pressure on the top from this jack being loose.

Any thoughts? I can send pictures if it helps, but I think it's pretty clear what's going on. Thanks!

2016 Fender American Standard Strat (Burly Slinky)
2015 Taylor 416e (Elixir PB Lights)
2010 Yamaha FG700S (whatever strings I have lying around)
'88 Yamaha FG405
'91 Washburn D-10N
Fishman Loudbox Mini
2001 Fender Standard Tele (Regular Slinky)
'94 Epiphone SG (Regular Slinky)
'90 Ibanez 540SLTD (Super Slinky)
Ibanez SR500 Bass (Ernie Ball flats)